Thursday 23 July 2015

Doing a Charity Event

Last year, I took park in the 2014 Race For Life. It was a 5k run for Cancer Research. You could either walk, jog or run the course. I did this for my Mum's best friend who survived and all the other people that have been affected by any type of cancer. I managed to jog 3.5k, walk 0.5k and then jog the last 1k. I managed to do this in exactly 35 minutes. I loved every minute of it. So... This year, I decided to up it and do the Pretty Muddy 5k run. This was an obstacle course with various things that get you soaked and covered in mud. Because it's tough going when you get near to the obstacles, our group decided to run the parts that were not near to them. So we probably ran 5 strips of 0.5k and then walked the other 5 0.5k strips that lead to the 5 different obstacles. 

It costs £20 to entre into the run as part of your donation and then if you want, you can get sponsors. Next year, I'm hoping to do one of these runs next and then the colour run as it looks amazing! I recommend doing something for charity as not only does it help people, but it's great fun too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment