Saturday 12 December 2015

Dealing With Acne

It's day 12 of blogmas and this is a rather personal topic for me. I have to deal with a lot of break-outs - nearly one a week. They also nearly last around a week too. Therefore, I constantly have spots; I don't just mean blackheads.

I do drink between 2-3 litres of water a day and then additional drinks such as: Vimto, sparkling lemon & lime and soya milk. I also have what I'd call, a balanced diet. I normally just listen to what my belly is telling me - if I feel hungry, I eat and if I do not want something too big, I get a snack.

There are two products that I use to try to control my acne and those are: a prescription from the doctors called Zineryt and the Super Spot Remover by Origins.

Zineryt is erythromycin mixed with zinc acetate to produce a solution that can be used on any part of acne. I must admit, it has a very strong, potent smell that is not pleasant, but it does the job. I also stings like hell if you've squeezed the spot beforehand.

Origin's spot remover is a must have! You might think that £15 for a 10ml solution is expensive, however, the product lasts for such a long time. I am on my second one and the first one lasted me for just over a year! With the amount of spots I get, it sure is a great product getting rid of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment