Tuesday 8 December 2015

It's Powder Time

Day 8 of blogmas and I thought it'd be about time I do something a little bit different. I'm still trying to get back onto the theme of beauty, but it's about products I have never really mentioned before. Powder is the bane of my life. As I have quite an oily T-Zone, but am dry everywhere else, it's hard to find a good balancing foundation. Therefore, my alternative option is a powder. I will usually put the powder everywhere to set my makeup and then go over the places that are oil just to give it a matte-looking finish.

I don't think I've ever spoken about bareMinerals in any of my posts before. One reason being, I think that their products can be hit and miss. Sometimes, I am really satisfied withe the product and then other times, I'm confused as to why the products are sold at a particular price due to the quality not being great. On the other hand, if you've read some of my previous posts, you'll see how much I love all things MAC. I have two powders from each of these brands and in some respects, they're all similar.

bareMinerals - Medium Beige and bareMinerals - Mineral Veil  are both from the limited edition - Original Foundation Get Started Kit in Light. This basically gives you a kit with step-by-step instructions as to how to apply the makeup provided. It's handy, but I don't think that the brush quality is very good.

MAC. I literally love every product that I've ever bought from MAC. I think the quality of all the products are great, the prices are fair to the product and the quality is unreal. This brand is an all-rounder. DISCLAIMER: I have not been paid to talk to you about any of these products and they're just my own personal opinion. I do not know what I would do without MAC as they sell some of my favourite makeup. I'm so upset that they discontinued one of their mascaras because it was the only one that made me eyelashes look amazing. Anyway, onto their powders. The two that I own are: Studio Fix in the shade NW25 and the Pro Longwear Powder in the shade Light Plus. The Studio Fix powder only really suits my skin tone when I have fake tan on. The lady who colour matched me in the store matched me while I was on holiday and therefore, I was darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment